|Tomato slices (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Tomato Slices for the cooler season
Cook Time Broiled Sugared Bread Crumb Tomatoes
Yields: 9 broiled tomato slices (broil time not stated)
Ingredients for Broiled Sugared Bread Crumb Tomatoes
- 3 tomatos, large, 9 thick slices
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp black pepper
Instructions Broiled Sugared Bread Crumb Tomatoes
- Wash tomatoess and remove stem and ends.
- Cut each tomato into 3 thick slices crosswise. You should have 9 slices. Arrange in the bottom of your broiling pan.
- Bake at 375 in a preheated oven for 15 minutes
- While tomatoss are baking combine your butter, breadcrumbs, brown sugar, and pepper, Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut in butter.
- Spoon butter breadcrumb mixture on evenly on tomatoes.
- Broil tomato slices about 4 inches from heat until tops are nicely brown. This happens quickly so watch closely.
How to Pick and Store Tomato
Broiled Sugared Bread Crumb Tomato Slices
|Serving size: 2 slices|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Carbohydrates 30 g||10%|
|Sugar 35 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 12 mg||4%|
|Sodium 45 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|