|English: A heap of pancakes in Sweden. My mother cooked them. Svenska: En hög med plättar i Sverige. Min mamma lagade dem. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
In Norway pancakes are served as breakfast, brunch, and dessert items. They are almost always served with coffee. While crepe pancakes are favorites of the Norwegians and other Scandinavians, buttermilk, raised pancakes, and potato cakes are eaten throughout Norway.This recipe is for a basic Norwegian Sour Cream pancake.
Rate The Breakfast of Viking Champions
Cook Time Norwegian Sour Cream Pancakes
Yields: 24 four inch pancakes
Ingredients Norwegian Sour Cream Pancakes
- 1 cup dairy sour cream, lowfat ok
- 1 cup cottage cheese, small curd, lowfat ok
- 4 eggs, large
- 3/4 cup flour, shifted
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or stevia or 3 tablespoons Honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, table
Instructions for Sour Cream Norwegian Pancakes
- Combine sour cream or cottage cheese in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Fold in shifted flour , sugar( or alternatives) and table salt with spatula. Mix for a very short time with mixer .It should be a smooth batter. Set aside.
- Heat griddle and grease with butter. Test by seeing if batter bubbles on griddle.
- When griddle is very hot. Take about a fifty cent piece sized amount of batter on the griddle for each pancake. Let each pancake bake until golden brown approximately. 2 minutes each side.
- Authentic, Traditional Swedish Pancakes Recipe: Heat...
A simple, quick recipe for thin, authentic Swedish pancakes, almost like crepes, that your whole family will enjoy.
- Pumpkin Obsession: Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
If you like pancakes, try my recipe. I have tried many, and this one results in fluffy pancakes with the sweet, balanced taste of pumpkin, cinnamon, allspice and ginger.
- Warm Winter Mornings with Norwegian Apple Pear Panca...
This recipe for Norwegian Apple Pear Pancakes will warm up any winter morning. It takes just a few minutes to prepare and these pancakes do not need syrup to make the grade with your family.
Norwegian Sour Cream Pancakes
|Serving size: 4 pancakes|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Carbohydrates 25 g||8%|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 50 mg||17%|
|Sodium 520 mg||22%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
How to make pancakes on a griddle
Solve the Riddle of the Griddle
- Five Best Griddles
Cooking diner quality food at home need not be a chore any longer. Gone are the days of using traditional frying pans and skillets, because small kitchen griddles are now readily available. They are flat (or ridged) metal cooking devices that sit...
- Cast Iron Griddles
When it comes to cooking, you either love it or hate it. If you adore cooking and try to make the best dishes possible, you need to have the best cooking appliances and tools possible. If you ever cook on the stove, you are going to want to have...
- Pans, Skillets and Griddles for Breakfast
Breakfast is not breakfast without a proper start. That calls for a proper pan, skillet or griddle. How else to cook up ham and cheese omelets, golden hashbrowns and crispy bacon? But with thousands of skillets and pans out there, how do you know...