Sweet Slow Indiana Summers Remembered In A Hoosier Pie
Cook Time Hoosier Sweet Corn and Rhubarb Custard Pie
Yields: 1 nine inch pie
- Buy or prepare an unbaked pie shell. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Assemble your ingredients
- Take a blender and add the following. 1 cup milk, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, lemon extract , and vanilla. Blend until smooth but not frothed. Add cream corn blend until corn is lumpy but not turned to puree.
- Set aside mixture in the bowl.
- Take one cup of cleaned and prepared rhubarb that is diced, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1/2 table spoon of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg and blend in a medium with a spatula or wooden spoon. Mix well and place in your unbaked pie shell.
- Take your set aside creamed corn and egg filling and pour over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake in your preheated 350 degree fahrenhiet oven for 50 minutes or until custard is done.
- Cool a least 15 minutes on pie rack . Place in refrigerator if you are not serving right away. Can be served with cool whip or plain. You also could top with another fruit topping to increase sweetness .
Simple Butter Pie Crust Ingrediants
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
Nutrition for Whole Hoosier Sweet Corn Rhubarb Custard Pie
|Serving size: 1 whole pie|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 275 g||423%|
|Sugar 256 g|
|Fiber 7 g||28%|
|Protein 50 g||100%|
|Cholesterol 325 mg||108%|
|Sodium 1000 mg||42%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Simple Butter Pie Crust Instructions
- Combine your butter and sugar.DO NOT CREAM
- Fold in your flour just until dough forms
- Roll in ball and press out pancake into pie pan .
- Press dough into sides of the pie pan.
- Use unbaked pie shell in this recipe. For other recipes bake for 12 minutes in a pre heated 375 degree oven or until golden.